Thursday, June 15, 2017

As Of Late...

I understand I haven't written anything in here for awhile and that's mostly because there's been a whole slew of topics I could talk about but have ultimately been exhausted on discussing and other topics which are just too complex to sit down and hammer out a full on article on. So if you guys don't know I recently became a father, as recently as April 27th and as such a lot of my time has been devoted to working and tending to my son. Yes, I've had opportunities to write on my entertainment blog and that's just easier because I can always find something trivial to discuss but for this blog I really want to dig deep into the topic I'm writing about and make sure my thoughts are straight before I start typing that and I really wanna try and keep Christ at the center. Lately though, I haven't been feeling very connected to Christ.

My job is wearing me down, it's killing me spiritually, emotionally and psychologically to the point where Friday, June 9th, I called my mom and told her that I wanted to quit my job and proceed on a 20 minute profanity filled tirade of just how much I hate this job and how badly I want to leave this job. Sadly, I'm still working at it...as I jokingly say "for my sins.". With that said I've just been burned out on critical thinking. This isn't to say I don't like thinking critically or want to stop thinking critically, the problem is I'm a consumer of the news (not televised news mind you) and I try to stay up on current events but that's becoming...depressing and draining.

Everyday The LGBTQ Agenda is advancing a little further than before, everyday there's a terrorist attack to which everyone is turning a blind eye to, everyday there's a new attack on Christians from Bernie Sanders not having a single clue what Christian theology is to Hulu's new series "The Handmaid's Tale" which is an obvious swipe at Christianity. I planned to do a review of the series but thought better about it because then I'd just be seeking things to react to as opposed to witnessing things and then discussing them. Ultimately, it just gets tiring trying to discuss everything in a timely fashion and have something meaningful to offer.

My target audience is primarily Christians who may or may not think Biblically about the world and current events and I want to provide them with scripture and an outline on how to respond when their views are challenged in a way they were not suspecting and to bring to their attention a world they may not be familiar with. The Bible has answers the problem is many Christians just don't know how to get those answers, I know this because I was one of those Christians but I learned, now I wanna teach others. I've lost the strength to do that just because my job drains my emotional and psychological energy to focus on things that require critical thinking because I spend the majority of my job critically thinking about solutions to massively stupid problems that could be solved simply.

I digress, the point is I probably will come back to this blog. I've been thinking about and I do have articles planned to write mostly about my experience here at my job and how it relates to our walk as Christians and the Christian worldview but that's an article I can't write until I allocate the free time to get my thoughts together and of course to write it. In addition to that I've been trying to move forward in my personal life, I'm a screen writer and game developer and I haven't written anything in ages and the rules to my game needs to be re-written. These are things that NEED my attention mostly because they're ways in which I'm hoping to provide for my family. I'm sorry to all of my readers or lack there if you've been waiting for content. I promise more will come eventually but in the mean time enjoy what's here and thanks for reading, God bless.

No comments: